Saturday, July 07, 2007

Heatwave

Ok that picture from Shelley's entry looks like she is tackling me and I am going down like a sack of potatoes. This is a lie! Well kind of. Shelley does jump on my back out of the blue a lot. She's like a ninja. All you hear is the pitter patter of tiny sandals and then WAM!. Sometimes when I get jumped she won't get off so I try to do a headstand to dislodge her. This usually works. But not always. So this picture is taken in mid headstand. So there's my rebuttal. I just felt it needed to be said.

Anyway, it is frickin hot here. There is a heatwave moving through the northwest. It got to Idaho last week Tuesday. It was 107˚ on Friday. This upcoming week looks like it's going to be in the triple digits as well. Plus there hasn't really been much rain. So it's as dry now as it usually is in August which is the month when most of the fires occur. Needless to say there are fires popping up all over the place. A lot of them caused by fireworks.

Alex and Emily were up for a few days over the 4th. It was really fun. WE don't get too many visitors from out of town so it's always fun to have some friends in town. Plus Shelley never wants to see any of the movies I want to see so it's nice to have someone to go to the movies with. We ended up seeing Transformers which was hilarious. Sometimes intentionally and sometimes not but I thought it was pretty funny. Also I think Michael Bay has some sort of fetish for female supermodel savants. You'll see what I mean if you watch the movie. We also went up to Bogus Basin and played the frisbee golf course there which is really difficult. The terrain is kind of rough. So we were kinda tired after that.

Monday we packed up the grill and had turkey burgers out at Lucky Peak park. Lucky Peak Dam dams up the Boise River and so it's a popular boating and fishing locale. THere is also a nice little beach and park. On the 4th we checked out the Discovery
Center. That was really cool. I haven't been to a hands on science museum for a long time. I forgot how fun they are. Alex has a lot of pictures from there. I think Shelley linked to them in her post. I bought Alex's B-day present at the museum: an Albert Einstein action figure (not a doll but an action figure), and a growing brain - just add water!. He's supposed to document the brain as it grows in pictures so that should be cool. It starts out the size of an egg and grows to the size of an actual brain. I doubt Shelley would be crazy about having one in the house so I'm living out my fascination vicariously through Alex. The last night of the visit was the 4th. We walked over to Ann Morrison Park to see the fireworks and played a little frisbee.


----------------------------------->
ok so this is a draft I started a while ago and then we had some internet problems so I never really finished it. I would finish it now but I just don't feel like it. so I'm publishing it as is.

Here's some follow-up though because I kind of left it hanging. THe fireworks show was awesome. I wanted to get as close as possible to the fireworks and we ended up sitting within a few hundred yards. I like loud bangs. The show turned out great. This year they had a lot of corporate sponsorship and it showed. After the fireworks we went to Papa Joe's. It's a little restaurant at the entrance to the park that we go to a lot. It's a block away from our apartment. THey have really great food and a nice outdoor sitting area. Plus, it's pretty cheap. Anyway, they stayed open late to accommodate the crowds leaving the park. We each had a little pizza and then went back to the apartment.

The next day Alex and EMily took off in the early morning and Shelley and I went to work.


ok, that's all of that post.

5 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Alex said...

Umm.. correction. I had a meatball sandwich. Not a pizza.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Are you sure Alex? Cuz we went to papa joes twice...

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Alex said...

Yup, because every time I've been to Pap-Papa Joooe's, I've only gotten the meatball sandwich.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Kaz said...

you are a frickin' liar. You got a pizza. I remember. I'd been drinking. So I'd remember. THINK ABOUT IT!

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Alex said...

Nope, everyone else got pizza but me. Maybe I ate it so fast you didn't notice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home