Tuesday, January 15, 2008

computers are lame

So, my stupid computer died a week ago. I'd recently bought a dvd burner and installed it. However, I had forgotten that when I initially built my computer I set up the hardware differently than normal. So, whenI installed the burner the normal way it totally screwed up my system. For the past week I've been trying to repair it. I've finally got my harddrive accessible, but for some reason it won't work as a master so I had to throw it into a backup computer of mine. Now, I am enjoying the fun task of burning about 100gigs of information I want to save off of it so I can format it and re-install windows. BLAH.

On the upside the DVD burner works swimmingly. It is frickin' fast. In case you are wondering it is the Samsung super-writemaster. I'd dragged my feet for a couple years before buying a DVD burner. I was about to buy one last year but double layer technology was still working some kinks out and I had heard horror stories about the lasers burning out very quickly. But latlely out of necessity I broke down and bought this one. It's rated very well by Cnet and a few other sites. Despite the initial annoyance, which was my fault anyway, it's a really great burner.

On another note, we'll be putting up some pictures soon from vacation and other things as soon as I get my computer functional. Probably in the next couple weeks. Oh! And we have a cat now. More on that later......

-kaz

4 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's your luck...Where are the Ticker pictures?!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Shelley said...

woman in tyme? who is this??? =)

Tyme...tyme machine...is this Michelle???

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Alex said...

Does Ticker give you stock updates? Did you get a Sven cat?

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh see, now that just ruins the whole point of using a nickname :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home